Friday, December 5, 2008

Real or Fake?



Well, we finally broke down and after thirteen years of marriage, and twelve real Christmas trees we finally took the plunge and bought a fake Christmas tree. A few things influenced our decision. Shaun actual had gone up to the forests in Idaho with his brothers and gotten us a tree. But on our last night in Idaho Sydnie burnt her hand on Shaun's parents fireplace. We knew we would be in for a sleepless night if we stayed in Idaho. So, I packed our things in a huge hurry (I think I left a few things behind) and we left about an hour later. Sydnie had been inconsolable until I put her in the car. Then she immediately stopped crying, must have been the familiar surroundings. Anyway, we got in the car and realized we hadn't got the tree strapped to the top of our car. We just couldn't chance it. It would have taken too long to strap it on, not to mention we would have to drive a lot slower. We had a baby almost a sleep and we just decided to leave it. So anyone living in Idaho looking for a real tree we have an extra. So as far as the fake tree goes. We got a good one. Just what I wanted, tall and skinny and pre-lit. And they have such realistic looking trees now that I really can't tell the difference, except for the smell and the itchy eyes, nose, and arms from stringing all the light. I guess I'll have to get a pine scented spray.


As much of the tree as I could get. I couldn't back up far enough to get the whole thing.


one more picture of our mantel. I embroidered the stockings last year but didn't get them done in time for Christmas. I was so excited to hang them up this year.


Close up of the stockings.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Gorgeous! You're so blasted crafty. I love your big formal tree. Every year I say I'm going to do one and then I just don't.

jenafeldman said...

So beautiful! I didn't even decorate this year...we are headed west for the holidays. Are you going to be in ID for any time over the Christmas holidays? Let me know...