Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Favorite TV Shows

Okay another boring post without pictures, but its that time a year again when many of my favorite TV shows are starting up again. So, I thought I would tell you about some of my favorites and why. First of all, I really don't watch allot of TV, so I have to really like a show to watch it. Second, I never actually watch the shows when they air. I record them on my DVR and watch them usually when I exercise in the morning. So I will rate them according to what I usually pick to watch first when I have a choice on my DVR.

1. Project Runway: I know many of you probably have never heard of this show. But I love it! It is a reality t.v. show on Bravo. It is about upcoming fashion designers who have to do crazy challenges such as make a dress out of candy bar wrappers or car seats. Its amazing to see what they come up with. And the flamboyant personalities of the contestants make for a very interesting show. If you have never seen this show check it out. It is currently off season right now, Top Chef (which is another one of my favorites, same concept just with chefs and food.)is running and Project Runway usually follows about a month or so after Top Chef ends.
2. Twenty Four: I had heard about this show but was never really interested in it until my friend rented the past seasons from the library and offered to let me watch them too. I was hooked from the first hour of the first episode. You should really check this one out, especially if you like shows like Lost and CSI. But make sure you start by watching it from season 1 or you will really miss out.
3. Ugly Betty: This is just a fun show. It is kind of a spoof on soap operas, but I love the crazy characters they have on this show, and its fun to see all the trouble they get themselves in on every show.
4. Grey's Anatomy: This one would have been on the top of my list a couple years ago. While I still enjoy the show something has been missing. But I would still recommend renting the past seasons and watching them. They first few seasons of this show are as good as any movie you could rent.
5. Lost: This show barely made my list this year. I still have the first episode of this season on my DVR. This mornings exercise was filled with the latest episode of top chef. So maybe this season will redeem itself. There was a time that this show would have been number 1 on my list but I just haven't been as interested it the last couple of seasons.

So, no Office and no American Idol. While I enjoy watching these shows when I can catch them they are not on my DVR's schedule. As far as Office goes I've never been much of a sitcom fan. And American Idol only holds my attention for the first few episodes of try outs then I am done. So if you have never watched the above shows I would highly recommend any one of them. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

whit said...

Project runway is my favorite too!!! They guy's are such fems it is hilarious when they cause most the drama :)

gibsonsthree said...

Jennifer, You have a wonderful blog. You, Lacke, and Katie have inspired me to give this a try. It has been fun to see all the pictures and happenings in your family.