Monday, November 30, 2009

Writing things down before I forget
Sometimes your kids say or do something that you just have to write down before you forget them. So, here are three funny things that each of my kids have said recently:

Brianne:
I just got some new pajamas on a black Friday sale. I wore them on Sunday, even though technically they are suppose to be Christmas presents. Brianne looked at my new pajamas and said, "Suzanne(my friend and neighbor) always looks cute in her pajamas." So I said, "do you not like my pajamas?" Then Brianne replied very honestly, "Mom I really like these pajamas, but the ones you usually wear are really ugly." She was talking about my garments, I guess I need to start wearing my cute pajamas more.

Kaylee:
I was talking on the phone to my friend Audrey, while I was doing Kaylee's hair for school. I was commenting to Audrey that it sounded like Sydnie was saying the sh__ word. (although since then I figured out what she was saying, and luckily it's not that.) Anyway, I was telling my friend that I didn't think she learned it from me, since I don't use that particular swear word very often. Sadly, I do occasionally use other words. Then Kaylee piped in saying, "I think she learned it from Dad, he says it all the time when he is down in the basement." We just got done finishing part of our basement, and I'm sure that word, among others, were used quite frequently.

Sydnie:
Sydnie is learning so much lately. She is learning new words daily, and is starting to recognize shapes, numbers, and colors. Today she said something that made me smile. I got some oranges from the grocery store today, and she was trying to ask for one, so she pointed to an orange and said "I want yellow". Well at least she is starting to get the concept that things have colors, that is a pretty big step.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny!