Sunday, August 8, 2010

A few more things we did this summer...
Here are a few pictures I have been meaning to post. Shaun has had to work just about every Saturday this summer, so it has been a pretty uneventful summer. We have managed to do a few fun things.
First the Moultons came for a visit from North Carolina. Audrey and her kids came to spend a couple nights at our house. The girls had so much fun playing with their friends again. Audrey and I had fun digital scrapbooking and catching up. We will miss them, Audrey is pregnant so it will probably be a whole year before we get to see them again.

Everyone taking a break from playing. From left to right, Brianne, Sydnie, Isabelle, Micheal, Maddy, Kaylee, and Lu Lu.


Sydnie and Micheal taking a much needed bath. I took this picture to embarrass them with someday.

A few weekends ago, Shaun finally had a Saturday off, so we went up to Strawberry Reservoir to go cray fishing. We had a lot of fun. Their were so many Cray fish you didn't even need a pole, you could just scoop them up in bags and nets. Shaun even managed to help each of the girls catch a fish.


Kaylee and Brianne holding a sample of our catch, the rest are in the cooler.



Sydnie reeling in her fish, she got it to shore but it got away before I could get a picture of it. It was just a little guy.


Brianne holding her catch.

Kaylee reeled in the biggest fish of the day, but not quite big enough to keep. Darn it! My girls love fish, but I hate them, especially trout.

Finally, this weekend Shaun had to work, so I took the girls on an outing to the Salt Lake Temple. I wanted to take some pictures for my craft show. The girls had fun playing in the water fountains while I took pictures. Then we went to the visitor centers. The old tabernacle was open too. I haven't been in there since they reopened it it was cool to see the old organ again.

This is my girls favorite part of the visitors center. Kaylee says its just like walking up to Heaven.

Here are the pictures I took for my next craft show. I am going to develop them and mount them on wood. I think they turned out pretty cool looking, I'm having trouble picking which one to use. Maybe I will do a few of each.




3 comments:

Audrey said...

Thanks so much for letting come and stay! It was definately a highlight for the kids, and they have already made me promise we will do it again next year.

whit said...

i love your temple pictures! maybe you could help me out... i've been trying to find a good 36x42 canvas print of the idaho falls temple for a sweet frame I have and I can't find anything that i like. The only ones I like are already pre-framed. Do you have any good idaho falls temple pictures?

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the pictures too!!! I want to put one in my new room when we get it built! :)
☺☻☺

I
(these are smiley faces)
haha