Saturday, October 25, 2008

Brianne said something funny the other day:



Although not recently, Brianne has cut her own hair a couple of times. I was doing her hair and some of the pieces from her most recent haircutting job were falling out of the ponytail. I reminded Brianne that only mommy should cut her hair. And told her that she would get in really big trouble if she ever cut her hair again. My hair cutting scissors just happened to be on the bathroom counter. Now, any one who knows Brianne, knows that she is easily tempted into doing naughty things, just because it looks so fun. Apparently, she knows herself better than anyone, because she looked up at me and said "Mommy maybe you should hide the scissors."

Now here is a cute story about Sydnie:




Sydnie loves to be outside. She is constantly patrolling the doors hoping to find one open. One day she lucked out and found that her older sisters had left the back door open. She crawled out onto the deck and then managed to fall down the deck stairs onto the concrete patio below. I heard her crying and immediately ran out, picked her up, and brought her inside. She was screaming so loudly, I thought she must have really hurt herself. So, I laid her down to check her out. It was then that I noticed she was not crying because she was hurt, she was having a full blown tantrum. She had gone to all that work to get outside, and mom had just brought her right back inside. So, I took her outside, set her on the grass were the girls were playing, and she immediately stopped crying.

3 comments:

Kate Call said...

i love both stories.. because i can almost envision both of them doing these things!! i laughed out loud about "hiding the scissors"! love your sweet girls!!

whit said...

Brianne is the cutest little girl! HA HA looks like you better hide the scissors :) At least she is being honest! I can't wait to be around your new little one. she sure sounds adorable!

jenafeldman said...

I love the scissors story...doesn't she know that when mom cuts her hair she is getting one of the best cuts ever? (I mean it - I still don't have a good stylist in NY and if I did I'd have to drop $100 for the cut!)