Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Baptism Day Kaylee!!!

We had a big day yesterday! Not only was it Kaylee's Birthday but it was also her Baptism Day. She was so excited to get Baptised. We have been talking about it and preparing for it for months and I really think she understood what an important decision she was making, and also what it means to get baptised. This whole week she kept saying Mom whenever I think about Saturday I get so excited and I get a funny feeling in my tummy. We are so proud of her for deciding to get baptised and for being such a great girl. She was also lucky enough for her Birthday to fall on the same day. When I was getting Brianne ready for the Baptism she said a funny thing, She said,"Mom is Kaylee eight today?" I said, "yes", and then she said "Well she still looks the same as when she was seven." I guess she thought she would some how look different when she turned eight. I think to a five year old, an eight year old seems pretty big. And somehow Kaylee just looked like her seven year old sister not one of those big eight year olds. I have to agree with Brianne, I can't believe Kaylee is eight, to me she will always be my little girl. Probably no matter how old she gets. We love you Kaylee!

Kaylee in her Baptism dress.

Kaylee with all her cousins that came to the Baptism. From left to right Katie, Brianne, Hannah, Kaylee, Morgan, Hayden, Parker, and Lincoln.

Kaylee and her Dad in their Baptismal clothes ready to get Baptised.

Kaylee after the Baptism blowing out her candles. We had allot of fun visiting with family and friends after the baptism then we went roller skating with some of the cousins.

3 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

Congratulations Kaylee! You look beautiful!

whit said...

Congratulations Kaylee! Brad and I wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday!

Elena said...

What a pretty little girl in her white clothes. Congrats to you and her both.