Thursday, February 5, 2009

One of those days!



As most of you know I am a frequent shopper at the Home Depot. Actually, it is second in line to Walmart of the stores I visit most. It is time for me to start preparing for the next craft show, so I had my flatbed full of wood. I had also bought a few large pieces and I have to have someone help me load those into my truck. So I paid for my wood, strapped Sydnie into her car seat, and pulled into the loading area. The man was there with my wood, so I hopped out of the truck to help him load. He had grabbed the wrong size, and I went to get my receipt and discovered the truck doors were locked. Sydnie must have been pushing buttons. So there I was with Sydnie smiling (luckily) back at me. The keys were in the ignition and my purse with my cell phone was sitting on the seat next to Sydnie. She is too little to hope to try and get her to push the unlock button. So I just sat there helpless. I never actually dial anyone's number anymore. So when a man in a truck next to me, offered me his cell phone, I had to decline. I didn't know anyone's number not even Shaun's (Well I do know some phone numbers of people who live in Idaho but allot of good that would have done me). So I did the only thing a girl in my situation could do, I started crying. That worked immediately, soon I had several male Home Depot employees offering to help. One called the American Fork Police department and had a Policeman sent right over. I guess Police still come out if a child is locked in the car. Anyway about 10 minutes later my truck was unlocked. Sydnie stayed happy the whole time and all was better. Next time I won't leave the keys in the ignition, and I'm working on memorizing a few phone numbers.


Hair blog

Allot of people have been asking about the blog that I found the cute hairstyles I have been doing on my girls lately. Well here it is finally. hair4myprincess.blogspot.com. There are some really cute styles on there you just have to look through allot of not so great ones to find them.

5 comments:

whit said...

Man Jen, That would be really scary. Thank goodness they got there so quickly. I need to get a carseat and a doll for the next time i lock our keys in the car i guess... :) jk. Aren't cell phones horrible because you don't know anyones number...

Nancy J said...

I did that before with my kids. No fun. At least I had dad there to rescue me. It just took 20 minutes of staring at the kids before he got there. Man was it cold!

Dave and Sherri said...

That is awesome! You know, I love the "mom" experiences we get to have... I'm glad everything turned out okay for you. Thanks for the hair blog too - I can't wait to check it out. I've actually already tried a few of your "Magical" hairstyles on my girls and had several complaments. Thanks so much for the tips and tricks! Thanks for tomrorow too! You're a DOLL!!
By the way, my blog is www.nelsonnothings.blogspot.com

Elena said...

I'm sure I would have cried too. It's so funny though, well, to read about anyway. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. Glad everything worked out and that she stayed happy the whole time.

Jennifer said...

If our husbands could only experience our days with ALL the drama!! Glad it worked out well--we were blessed with these crazy emotions for a reason!! Looking forward to seeing all your crafts!