Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend
I kept forgetting my camera but I did manage to get one picture of what my kids were up to this weekend. Kaylee and Brianne decided to start a new business. Roly Polys love our rocks and they found a bunch of them. Then Kaylee had the idea to sell them so she made a sign and Brianne prepared plastic bags by punching holes in them so people could take them home and they could still breath. Unfortunately no one was in the market for roly polys this weekend. So Kaylee finally gave up and decided that maybe she would try selling lemonade next time.

This was the sign posted on my door. We still have several roly polys left if anyone would like to buy one. We ship.

Here is the make shift roly poly home. As you can see there are several good ones left.

As for the rest of our weekend we had lots of fun, just no pictures. On Friday night we went swimming with our friends the Moultons. Sydnie was a little nervous of the water at first. I think she was having ocean flashbacks. But she soon settled in and had allot of fun. On Saturday we went with our friends the Brays to Liberty Land, it is a small amusement park, that has a few small amusement rides, a roller coaster, bumper boats, and go karts. It was fun, but some of the rides were broken. I was going to complain, but they seem to be struggling to stay in business and I would really like them to make it, because its a much cheaper alternative to Lagoon and they have rides that suit my kids age. Monday we hosted a barbecue for a few of our good friends. Shaun made his now famous ribs, and the kids had lots of fun playing with friends and roasting marshmallows and making smores. Usually we travel over memorial weekend, it was nice just to stay home for this one.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

I'm sure Hayden would love to buy one. He is fascinated with those bugs. We missed you camping.

Megan Smith said...

Ha! That's so cute. My little boy sat out on the corner by our house one summer and tried to sell rocks. Seriously though, you can tell your girls that there's a bug "mail off" company here that buys roly polys for real for .15 cents each. My kids have searched our yard for hours without much luck!

Shannon said...

Cute Blog'