Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary!!!

We had fun celebrating my Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary this weekend. We had a dinner and a short program for them, it turned out nice. All my brothers and sisters were there with their families. Except my oldest brother Mike, he and his wife along with most of their kids are serving missions. It was fun to see everyone. I forgot my camera, fortunately my assignment for the program was to put together a slide show. So, luckily for this post, I had hundreds of pictures, that I had scanned in, to choose from. Here are some of my favorites.


Mom and Dad cutting their cake

Me and my sister Nancy in our Christmas pajamas. My parents always made Christmas special.

Nancy and I at the swimming pool by Granite campground in Wyoming. When all my brothers and sisters and I shared memories for the program. One memory was common between us all, we all loved going to Granite. It just goes to show you don't have to spend allot of money and go to far away places to make memories with you kids. Some of the simplest family traditions may be what they remember most.

I just had to throw this one in because it pretty much sums my dad up. He is a kid at heart. All the Grand kids love their Grandpa Thornton, he never seems to tire of playing with them. And thinking of new toys to make for them. Thanks Dad for being such a fun Grandpa.

This is a picture of my mom with our very first microwave! I chose this picture because it is of my mom in the kitchen. She was such a great homemaker and made our home a great place to be. One of my favorite memories is of my mom making bread, she would always let my little sister and me make a little loaf of our own. Because my mom was always at home for us she was able to teach us even in the simple things. Thank you mom.

Congratulations Mom and Dad!!!! Thanks for making it through 50 years of marriage and giving our family such great memories!!!

0 comments: