Thursday, January 7, 2010

New years resolutions
So I have been thinking over the last few weeks what I would like to accomplish this year and this is what I came up with:
1. Finish my spring cleaning, before spring is over. Last year I started in the spring and didn't get done till the end of summer. So this year I am going to start in January and hopefully it will get done before June.
2. Run a half marathon. This is a resolution I actually accomplished last year and it was actually a lot of fun. I would like to run a different one this year just to switch things up a bit.
3. To get my death in order. Okay, this last one takes some explanation. I just got done reading "Tuesday's with Morrie", over the Holidays. This book has some good basic life lessons from a man who is dying. One thing that jumped out at me was, when he talked about getting your death in order so that you can live. So, that is my new years resolution: to get my death in order, meaning: write a will, and write letters to my children and husband, you know just in case. Not that I think I am going to die or anything, but I have already gotten started by writing letters to each of my kids, and it really does ease your mind. Now I won't be sitting up in Heaven (hopefully) thinking, "I wish I could tell them them how much I love them."

0 comments: