Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Time Odds and Ends
I have a few things I have been meaning to post about. They don't really relate to each other, except that they all happened this spring. So I will start with the most recent. This is what my girls did yesterday:


We are finally getting some nice weather this spring. It has been so warm the last couple days the girls begged me to put up the bounce house. We had a non official swim party with most of the neighborhood girls. Non official meaning: the bounce house is pretty much a magnet, put it up and kids will come. Just a funny note about this picture the first one I took Kaylee was on the swing set playing something else, but when she saw the camera she headed right over. She is the one running on the side of the bounce house, that girl never misses an opportunity to be in front of a camera.

Neighborhood Spring Cleaning Party
No pictures on this one, but I have wanted to post about this for awhile because it ended up being a fun idea. My friend and neighbor Irene came up with the idea to have a spring cleaning party. At first I was reluctant, I didn't know how well it would work, but it ended up being a great idea. This is how it worked: you get together about four or five people, more would be too many and you would probably want to split up, then you take one day and go to each of the houses and spring clean. Of course we didn't spring clean the whole house, but we did the basics like baseboards, walls, doors, and blinds. It only took about 1 hour to do each house, and it was so much fun to be able to chat with friends while you get your spring cleaning done. I haven't had so much fun cleaning blinds.

Basement Bathroom is Finally Done.
This has actually been done for awhile but I've had better things to post about. We ran out of money last fall when we finished part of our basement so the bathroom sat on hold with just a toilet and a tub. When we got our tax return this spring we used part of the money to finish it up. This is how it turned out:


Shaun did a great job with the tile. And now we have got a bathroom to go with our extra bedroom. So now none of you have any kind of excuse for not visiting. We will be expecting you shortly.

1 comments:

Elena said...

Oh pretty bathroom! Love the spring cleaning idea!! Wonder if I could pull something off like that here?