Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shaun's Trip to Oregon
Shaun went with his Dad and Brother Josh to the Oregon coast this weekend. They had a great time. They had a great beach house with spectacular views of the ocean. It made me a little jealous I love Oregon too and haven't been for over 5 years, but mostly I was glad Shaun had a great time, and got to have some much deserved time off. He has been having to work way too many hours at work for the last few months and I think a little guy time was just what he needed.


They went salmon fishing at the mouth of the Columbia river. Shaun's dad managed to catch the biggest fish of the day: a Sardine.


Actually the fish he caught really looked a little more like this. I don't know which fish is which but I know they all got a good one.

The next day they went crabbing and had a great time. I don't love seafood but crabbing is so much fun. If you have never been it is really worth the money to rent a little boat and some crab pots and spent the day in a little bay catching crab. They tried a new spot this time and had great luck. Here is Shaun's dad holding up one of the unlucky ones. I guess they hauled in some fairly big ones.

First Day of School
Back at home we had an exciting week as well. I sent my Girls back to school on Wednesday. They were so excited to go they had their outfits picked out and laid out several days early, and the night before we made headbands to match their outfits. They both loved their teachers and had a great first day. It is a little weird to just have me and Sydnie around the house all day. She has had a little bit of a hard time with it. Luckily I organized a little playgroup for her with some really cute little 3 year olds from the neighborhood. We start that in a couple weeks and so she will at least have that to look forward to twice a week.


Kaylee is in 4th grade this year and feeling quite grown up all of a sudden. She really eats up any comments anyone gives her on how grown up she looks. I don't know if I am prepared for this yet.


Brianne is going to first grade this year. It is a little weird having her gone all day. But I know she was excited to be going with all the older kids in the morning to school.


Brianne and Kaylee looking cute with their matching skirts, one of the only things I let them get the same this year. P.S. sorry about the washed out pictures, I have been messing with the manual settings on my camera and I was in such a hurry when I took these pictures I forgot to check what setting I had it on.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Shaun - Hayden loves your fish. He wishes he could go fishing with you.
Girls - you look so cute on your first day!

Elena said...

Okay, how'd you make those cute headbands? I so need to do that for my girls. Your girls are so blasted cute!!

Unknown said...

Kaylee you look so grown up! :)
And those fish are big!! I'm not that into seafood ethier jenn. :P
haha. I love the headbands.
SO CUTE