Thursday, August 27, 2009

School's in Again!!!
So, I'm not and never will be one of those moms who get all choked up thinking about their kid's first day of school. Kaylee started third grade last week, and Brianne went to her first day of kindergarten today. I wasn't sad about Kaylee starting kindergarten and I wasn't sad today when Brianne put on her huge backpack and headed off to kindergarten. What I get is excited. I know you are all thinking I mean I'm excited because they are gone and I get a quiet house. No, I mean I get excited for them. Excited for all the fun experiences I know they are going to have, and excited because they are excited. When you are a grown up there gets to be less and less things that you get truly excited about. Yes, of course you are excited for your children to be born, and excited to go on vacation, but even that gets less exciting the more trips you take. So it is fun to live a little vicariously through your children and remember how excited you were to start your first day of school.

And boy was Brianne excited! She asked me everyday for a week how many more days till kindergarten, and this morning she kept asking and asking if it was time to leave. Then she insisted on carrying her heavy backpack full of school supplies all the way to her school. I have to brag about my Brianne a little. She is such a little smarty pants. Her kindergarten teacher was surprised at how well she did during kindergarten testing last week. And she is such a good little reader it always amazes me how well she does, and how many words she knows when we practice reading every night. I'm sure she will do great in kindergarten!

Brianne next to her huge backback on her first day of kindergarten.

Kaylee on her first day of Third grade.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They're getting so old!
tell them hi for me!