Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Results
I have to say I had a ton of fun decorating this room. I had to try and control myself from going overboard, and decided it was time to be done when Kaylee said "Mom! When are you going to be done making things for our room?!?!" I did make most of the things in their room. I always have been one of those people who think, "why buy it when you can make it?" The list of thing I made included: pillows, the fabric covered headboards, curtains, a chalk board, several frames, magnet boards, and some really cute trees on the wall that matched their bedding. I have a friend who one of her most embarrassing moments was her husband walking in on her when she was pretending to host a cooking show. That probably would never happen to me since cooking is something I do to get the job done, not for fun. But I have to say, when I am standing at my power tools for hours working on craft shows, I often day dream about what it would be like to host my own decorating show. Sadly, this is about as close as it will get, but a girl can dream, right?



As much of the room as I could get in one shot. I actually completed the room a couple weeks ago, but had a hard time finding a time that I could take pictures when their room was actually clean. P.S. the Halloween decorations are not part of the permanent room decor, although they do sort of match.


6 comments:

Nancy J said...

I love it. It looks great. You always do an amazing job. That's why I love it when you decorate my house. We need to come and see it in person.

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
you are truly an awesome decorater!

whit said...

jen you are awesome!!! I'm going to hire you to do my house when that day comes :)

Christie said...

Absolutely amazing Jenn! Someday I'd like to be able to afford to have you give my dull/boring house a makeover!

Jenn said...

Sorry about the music on my slideshow. I don't know how it got on there and I am too lazy to take it off.

Audrey said...

It is darling of course!