Friday, March 19, 2010

Wall Decor Ideas
I have this spot above my bed that I have had a really hard time finding something that I think will fit there. I saw some framed photos at Ikea that I liked, but I just couldn't spend the $50 bucks they wanted for it. I'm a do it yourself kind of girl, so I decided to go out today and just take a few snapshots of some landscape near my house and see what I could come up with. The photos themselves weren't anything special, but I found this really cool editing technique on Photoshop Elements that I thought I would share. It is so easy and it makes just an ordinary picture of a tree seem special.
So this what you do: Open your picture in Photoshop editor(by the way if you don't have a photo editing program and are looking for one Adobe Photoshop is definitely the way to go), then in the photo effects section find the old photo icon and drag and drop it onto your photo. You can stop there, but in the photos below I also dragged and dropped the Sepia tint on it as well, because it matches my room. You can get a 16 x20 print at Costco for around $5. Of course you also have to have it framed, I plan on keeping my eyes open for one at Ross or I might just make my own frame, (I know how I just don't want to). Costco is now printing photos onto canvas, so you wouldn't need a frame but it is pretty pricey, but I think it is a great option for family photos because it has a cleanable finish on it. I plan on getting our next set of family photos printed this way.

Here are a few of the photos I took today:

This tree was just in the parking lot of the place I went to take photo's. Who knew it would be one of my favorites.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so cool!

Audrey said...

That is so cool! When I finally get around to decorating this house I will have to come back and look at this post. And the photos from your trip to Mexico look great too!