Saturday, March 27, 2010

Meet Lu Lu!
Yes, its true we have a new member in our house! A cute little puppy named Lu Lu. We have been thinking about getting a dog for quite awhile now. We got pretty serious about it over Christmas, but decided that it would be better to wait until spring, when it would be easier to house train it. We went out looking for dogs today, and fell in love with this little cutie.


Kaylee showing off Lu Lu, she it taking over roll of boss of the dog. She makes sure everyone is taking turns and treating the dog right.


In kindergarten, Brianne had to draw a picture and write a sentence to go with it, about why she loved her family. She drew a picture of a dog and wrote, " I love my family because they are getting me a dog." I will rest a lot easier knowing Brianne loves us now.


I don't know if you can imagine a little girl who loves animals more than Sydnie does. She is never without a stuffed animal, and when she sees a dog, even a extremely large dog, Sydnie is never afraid to go and pet it. Her older sisters don't know it, but they have Sydnie to thank for this dog. Shaun never even considered a dog before Sydnie, but seeing how much she loves animals, finally turned him around.

So wish me luck. I know I've got a tough job ahead of me. Especially these first few nights. Not to mention potty training, so far no accidents but its just the first day, so I better prepare myself. Does anyone know of a good cleaner for accidents? I'm sure I will need it. And what about Shaun, the one we had to talk into the dog? He had had to have his fair share of turns holding it, and the puppy took a two hour nap on shauns lap. So I'm pretty sure he likes her.

3 comments:

whit said...

oh that is soo exciting! Brad turned me into a dog person so i know how it is :). Here is an awesome tip that we were told when we got our dog... keep a bell on a string by your door. Every time you take the puppy out tell it "let's go potty" and make it ring the bell with it's paw. Eventually they catch on and will start ringing the bell when they need to go potty. It WORKS - trust me!

whit said...

oh that is soo exciting! Brad turned me into a dog person so i know how it is :). Here is an awesome tip that we were told when we got our dog... keep a bell on a string by your door. Every time you take the puppy out tell it "let's go potty" and make it ring the bell with it's paw. Eventually they catch on and will start ringing the bell when they need to go potty. It WORKS - trust me!

Unknown said...

it is soo C-U-T-E!!! i wish i had a dog... ha ha