Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recital 2010
Last week we held our little recital in the church. The girls all did really well, I was really proud of them. It is good to have this recital out of the way, they are fun but a lot of work. Now I can just enjoy the rest of the summer. It was a little sad because both Kaylee and Brianne have decided to not take dance anymore, so this was my last year teaching them. On the bright side Sydnie will be old enough to take dance this fall and I have already put together a little class for her. It should be interesting teaching this class, they are all either just turning 3 or not quite 3 when class starts. This is the youngest class I have ever taught so wish me luck!

Kaylee and Brianne before the recital started. They look so cute in their costumes and make-up. I think they like they recital mostly because they get to put on make-up and sparkles.


Brianne ready to tap. She did a tap number to "Putting on the Ritz", and a jazz number to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun."


Kaylee ready to tap. She did a tap number to "Hoedown Throwdown" and a mixed dance routine to a mix of five different songs. The first dance in this mix was to "Fireflies", the lights were off and they had glow sticks on their arms. I think everyone really liked that part, although my favorite was the tap number they did to "Hoedown Throwdown."


Kaylee's class.


Brianne's class minus one, (one of the girls didn't make it in time for group pictures).


My 3-4 year old class. They were so cute. Although I was last in line to take pictures and I think they were done posing, except for Summer the blond in the front she could have posed all day.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I have almost EXACTLY the same costume as Kaylee!
Mine is just a blue tutu with a green jacket, and we tied a ribbon around ours! Plus I have the same font as you!:)